Jesus said, "The water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life"(John 4:14). We want to lean into that! The living water that Jesus gives us as believers spiritually is a life-giving power which is a continual flowing fountain within us that is alive and active. Lets put FAITH into ACTION and be an active part of shrinking generational gaps. In Bensa, Ethiopia 65% DO NOT have safe water to drink, well below national and regional averages. This project aims to serve 19,781 people which is 9% of the total rural population of 202,992!
We are undertaking the 5 YEAR GOAL of raising $10,000 USD for these people! The approach Lifewater takes provides clean water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), work, partnership with local ministries to start bible studies, plant churches, distribute bibles, and more. Lifewater serves all people regardless of religion, listening first and walking alongside community members as neighbors.
PROCESS LINK: https://lifewater.org/our-process/
At Maximize The Moment, we believe in a holistic approach to community! We are not only are called to serve communities but also empower them! We are joining together to reduce WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene)-related diseases and improve the health and well-being of children and families in Bensa, Ethiopia. Through the implementation of this project we will see a reduction in prevalence of diarrhea in children under five years old, reduction in households reporting diarrhea as a common illness among children under five years old, reduction in household medical expenses, reduction in school days missed due to illness, increase in people who say the church cares about the community, increase in people who say the church is active.
NOTE: This is not just planting a flag exercise. This is building a full engineered water systems that will be sustained and maintained over lifetimes! These are days that turn into decades. This is building living legacy!
Welcome to the Bensa Project! Maximize The Moment is partnering with LifeWater in a holistic approach to affect safe water for drinking, sanitation, schools, communities, and more in Bensa, Ethiopia! Partner with us, through Christ for generational impacts!
Bensa Woreda (District), in the Sidama state of Ethiopia, is estimated to have 222,000 people, and is primarily in the highland region. Sidama is known for agriculture and produces 40% of the coffee exported from Ethiopia. Sidama is the majority ethnic group, while Amhara, Oromo, Silti, and other minorities are also present. In the Bensa Woreda, 96% of the population are Christian; the majority are protestant (97%), followed by Orthodox (2.6%) and 0.4% Catholics. The remaining 4% are Muslims. The primary languages are Sidama and Amharic.
1. Ensure sustained access to safe water sources utilizing appropriate technology and equipping water committees in all villages in the district.
2. Mobilize all households and all villages to sustain improved hygiene and sanitation behaviors through the long-term support of local staff and community structures.
3. Equip all primary schools to become Healthy Schools through mainstreaming WASH in schools and the provision of appropriate safe water sources, sanitation facilities, and improved hygiene and sanitation behaviors.
4. Create opportunities for people to become followers of Christ through participation in local bible studies and planting or strengthening of local churches.
5. Catalyze government, health, education, repair, and social sector leaders to integrate WASH activities within the existing systems and increase ownership by local structures.
"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."(Matthew 17:20). This is not an impossible task because nothing is impossible for God.
Thank you for Partnering with us and turning our faith into friction that generates exponential outcomes for generations!
Check out this great video